Thursday, September 6, 2007

Today will be a special day...

because I am going to be 'guestparent' to my 4-year-old (grant)niece Femke. She is the daughter of my niece Marjolein and every thursday afternoon I am going to pickup Femke from school. I am very excited to be part of her life by spending weekly one afternoon with her. This afternoon she wants to go to the 'hertjes' (deer) to feet them some bread. Then around 5 we are going to pickup her sister Eline and play a little till mommy and daddy come home from work!

I'll let you know what my experience will be.......

Today's HSMS:

Feast
A large meal or a plentiful supply, show us 'feast' in your space today.

Well.... in our household that is going to be a problem because we're on a diet (hihi) but I managed to make this shot of our dinner for tonight (I had to prepare it in advance because my DH works the nightshift and wanted to take dinner with him)


I'll leave you with lots of thanks for visiting my blog (I love all the comments) ans as always:

Take care!
EDIT:
Just came home from my first 'experience' as a 'guestparent'..... Femke ate all of her lunch today (she didn't eat her sandwiches the days before) and got this for it:
I am proud she managed to eat it all!! The rest of the afternoon was all about "trying out Tante Bonnette". Want this, don't want it, do this, I don't want you to do this etc. etc. At the end (when mommy and daddy came home) she said she had a great day! I hope that involves the afternoon with me ...............

3 comments:

anita said...

have fun with the littleo ne!
anita
x

etteY said...

that looks yummy and perfectly shot!

your niece looks so cute!

Diana said...

That looks like a great diet! Nice shot