Monday, September 10, 2007

Catchin'up ...

We had a blast fridaynight with the Blue Man Group! My DH 'managed' to get us tickets on the 5th row. That was the last row that was supplied with (plastic) raincoats... I was happy that we were NOT on row 6 (haha) ... The first half an hour I sat down with my mouth open ... so amazed by the performance! I cannot tell what we saw because it was soooooo much ... the only thing I can say: "if you have the opportunity to see one of their shows, GO ... it is somuch FUN".

Saturday I went to Dolls & Decorations my favourite scrapbookstore! Had a nice talk with (the owner) Petra, helped some customers out with choosing "scrapstuff" and went home with some 'goodies'. When I came home I sat down and played with my new paper(s) will show tomorrow!

Sunday I had to work ... teaching 20 ladies how to use stamps in their scrapbookalbum. A lot of talking & teaching, everybody went home inspired by this class, so I went home happy!
DH made dinner which was great (we're on a diet and we ate fries, steak and salads....yummie).

So ..... that brings me to today : Have to catch up with HSMS.

Selfportrait saturday brings you this shot:




Still holding the camera myself ... have to go practice to make pics with using the tripod :-)

Well ..... sunday...... hmmmmm
SOS : 3
Show Off Sunday !!!Show us the best of your shots :)

I don't know if this is the best picture ever ... but I am sóóó proud of this XXL-Hibiscus ('winterhardy') in my garden, that I really what to show-off with it:


You might ask what this toothpick is doing there ... it is to show-off how BIG this flower is. The ruler is in cm ...... No,no: no inches haha!!

Today the HSMS prompt is:

Cake
A soft, sweet food. Find 'cake' in your space today
.....

... and that is FORBIDDEN in my house lately because of the dieting we're on! It is really going well since we don't buy all the good stuff (read: creams, chips, cheeses, etc.) anymore and just stick to the healthy foods! DH lost 11 kg and I lost almost (!!) 7 kg. But.......

I managed to find CAKE in my space today:



Going to be creative today ..... I will leave you with:
Take Care!

**edit** fiddled around with blogtemplate ...whatcha think better???worse??

9 comments:

Hazel said...

Very inventive cake! and love your SOS and SP

anita said...

wow....great news on the weight loss...and you do look slimmeri n your face!!!! all the more reason for sps ;)
the blue man group is amazing isn't it, i loved it when i went
anita
x

Sue said...

Fab! What a smashing creation for your cake shot:)

Love both your sp and sos. Clever idea to include the toothpick . . . I did wonder why it was there.

Conbgratulations on the weight loss.

Will google the blue man group to see if they are coming to the uk

Sue

Bobs said...

Beautiful cake! This shot is lit beautifully too!

Love the SP.

WendyB said...

Love all the shots and the cake looks great.

Lima said...

Well done with the diet!

Your 'cake' looks delicious. :-)

Love the other photos too.

etteY said...

great shots! i love all your photos! especially the cake :p Kudos on the weight loss... I should have done that many years ago :-s it's my yearly resolution LOL!

All of my Todays said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. That cake looks so good. x

Pam said...

That cake is beautiful. Love the hibiscus - it's HUGE, and the self-portrait is a good one. I thought of taking a photo of the paper too, but don't get one and would have to pester my neighbor for it.