Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dish . . . ?

HSMS today says : Dish : A shallow bowl or radio antenna. Find 'dish' in your space. Okay, dishes enough in the house... but this is a special one:

I got this for my 'birth'day in 1956 (back then nobody ever heard of radio antenna dishes hihi). I ate from this dish till I was old enough to go to highschool (I think). My mom didn't want to throw it away and she gave it to me when I got married (loooooooong time agoooooo). I didn't know why I kept it, since we don't have kids but today I now why I kept it (thanks to HSMS). It is on a picture now, só ready to get scrapbooked!!


Now we eat from different dishes (:-). Sunday's (X-mas etc) dishes are made by Wedgwood and called 'Edme plain'.



During weekdays we eat from these bright colored dishes.
Since we are not the kind of people who throw dishes at eachother (!!!) and we never drop them, they are still around for 10 years now...
They 'heard' a lot of stories ... every day at dinner we talk about our days (no, not me and the dishes....My DH and I!!)

Okay enough of the dishes ... going back to work again and see what creative thing(s??) come out of me today ...

The projects I was talking about yesterday is not ready yet but asap I'll show it!

Have a great day and...

take care!

7 comments:

All of my Todays said...

Lovely dishes. It's nice to have things that mean something. :)

Hazel said...

Love both dishes.

Terrie Farrell said...

Fantastic that you're mum kept hat dish for you all this time, lovely momento from childhood. Love those bright wedgewood dishes too...great colours. X

Aubrey Harns said...

What a terrific story to go with your dish. Great shots on both of them!
Aubrey

Pam said...

That first shot definitely needs a scrapbook page. And I love the colorful dishes. Good shots.

Unknown said...

The plate from your childhood is lovely, and how wonderful of your Mum to keep it and pass it on to you. I also love your bright everyday ones.
Caz
x

Vanda said...

Great shot, love the clouds from yesterday too :O)