Monday, January 29, 2007

The show is ON ...

First thing I did this morning (after shower and breakfast): went to the Crystal Cathedral Garden Grove Anaheim -CA-. I was in, when the service took place. I gave Henk a call on my cellphone so he could hear the music in church (so he really knew I was THERE). The music was overwhelming in this big and I mean BIG church. Robert A. Schuller was the pastor this morning. It was a great experience to be there. After the service a checked the security if there was an opportunity for me to meet Robert A. Schuller, telling them I am from Holland and that I have special resons to meet him. Every man I spoke to was willing to hand me over to a next responsable human being and after seeing five (yes 5) people I got the sign to come with the head of security, up to the office of the pastor. Yes, he was willing to meet me......

So here is the proof. . . . . . . . .

I told him the story about my 'Oom Henk' with whom I watched 'Hour of Power' when I visited him and his wife Tante Pia in Canada in their summer residence, several times. My uncle passed away some years ago and he was my dearest uncle. So the service and meeting Robert A. Schuller was more a deja vue with my uncle... you can imagine I was in tears when I came out of the church and called my DH to tell him my story. I am still very impressed with my experience today........


I took a yellow cap to the Convention Centre where the SHOW takes place. I met Petra, we went for lunch and after that we 'did' the show... We saw a lot of new cool stuff, she is still deciding what to buy... on her bed with tons of catalogs, papers and of course a calculator !


Special for my Alliance friends I took this picture in the 'Hambly-joint' ......... it is gorgeous NEW stuff!


Well, this is going to be IT for today, I am suffering from a very bad cold so I am of to bed now, hoping tomorrow I feel a lot better....

Take care !

3 comments:

corinne5 said...

wow Bonnette what a awesome and special experience you had! I do not think many people can say that they meet the man himself! Thanks for the Hambly picture....drool!

corinnexxx

Anonymous said...

O great, you did it, you we're their, and you met the pastor himself, wow! Beautifull story!
Have fun there and a big hug for you and Petra....if you can find here between all these catalogs ;-)

Anonymous said...

Geweldig dat je deze man hebt ontmoet. Zelf ben ik grote fn van Hour of Power en ben nu best een beetje 'jaloers' .
Ik hoor het uitgebreide verslag wel als je weer thuis bent.

liefs Henny