Monday, January 15, 2007

Long time ...

It's a long time ago I wrote this blog, so I will update you now!
It's been very busy with preparing workshops, giving workshops and all kinds of normal-life-stuff, haha.
I gave 2 great workshops with pictures from New Years eve, fireworks, oliebollen and champagne.
Last saturday there was one workshop (the hole day) with making a lunchbox including a harmonicabook. For the first time I had a attendee of 10 years old... she did a great job, she was very precise cutting the paper and folding it, plus she was very happy with the girlie pinks, greens and oranges..... She came with to aunts (Ada and Els) and boy...if I had aunts like that when I was young, I would have experienced a lot more creativity in my youth!

Yesterday I teached a distressing workshop which was also great, so many happy ladies went home with a minibook of treasures!

Tim turned 1 year old yesterday and we were invited to stay for dinner. His Dad (who is an egyptian) made lots of egyptian food for us and it was delicious!
Tim has a special place in my heart because I was invited to be in the deliveryroom when he was born last year.
I once told his Mom (Katinka) that I wanted to watch a birth so dearly because I never experienced one myself. She is such a graceful friend, so she (and her husband) invited me to join them when she was going into labor.
I was THERE from the beginning to the end and I never had an experience so emotional as that one, it will always be in my heart . . . . .

I'll show you a picture of Tim soon !!!

Take care!

5 comments:

D@nielle said...

That is such a precious experience Bonnette ! I was lucky enough to be 18 when my brother was born, so I was able to be there in the delivery room. So amazing .... So when my boys where born my mother was also there and she was so proud to be the assistant to the midwife .... Experiences you will never forget. Would love to see a photo of this special boy !

Anonymous said...

Hey you busy lady! Hope to see you again soon :-)

Natasja

corinne5 said...

busy woman! I hope that I can attend a birth one day I think it is the most amazing thing there is and would love to watch it. when your self undergoing it it isn;t that romantic hehe.

corinnexxx

Birgit said...

Aren't friends like that just the best!Treasure them and the little boy!

Unknown said...

such a wonderful gift of trust (amongst many other things) to be given. so happy you got to experience this!