Tuesday, January 2, 2007

2007 starts great !!

We were invited by Cora and Bert to celebrate the very last hours of 2006 and ofcourse the first hours of 2007, at their place. C&B are our friends since we met in Austria on our skiing trip way back in ..... 1976. We shared weddings, anniversary's, the birth of their boys (Stefan and Frank) the loss of parents (both sides) and thousands of happy occasions like skiing vacations, boattrips (YEZZ they own a boat), birthdays etc. So they are a big part of our 'chozen family group' we call friends!
We shared the evening with Cora's mom (Omi Maaiks), Marja & Bert and their friend Marjan, Frank, Stefan and Martine.
We listened to the Top 2000 on Radio 2 and talked... talked ... talked ... making jokes over any/everything (hahaha), we ate oliebollen which Cora baked herselves
(yammie)

and later that evening we had (yammie 2) salads, cheeses, chickenbits, little spicy meatballs (yammie 3), stuffed eggs: (yammie 4) tomatoes stuffed with shrimps (yammie 5)and a lot more of yammies ....


24:00:00
I kissed my darling Henk with words I am NOT going to share with you!!! hahaha

We drank some champy, shared good wishes with the people in the room and went outside because Frank boughta 'chinese rol' ( a ???thousand cracker)

and we wanted to see and hear.
To bad it rained like h*** but hey ... we had fun.
We were surrounded by beautiful fireworks, lots of colors !!! The most important thing of all: NOBODY was hurt.
When we were all soaking wet we went inside to join Omi (82 years) in drinking champagne.

We went to bed 05:00 and were wakened by the smell of fresh baked bread around 10:30 !! Thanks to Cora for making us feel guests in a 5star hotel!

During the day we travelled around Rotterdam to see family and friends and wish them all a HAPPY NEW YEAR.

At 20:00 we got home and finally sat on our own couch again, with our cat Lady on my lap snorring and licking my hand when I was (only thinking of) stopping to pet her.....

Today DH went to work again and I slept in (oops 10:30 !!) I just had a long chat by telephone with my friend Anita and I hope she finds the courage to deside what's best for her.

Still I am wondering if I undo my house from all the X-mas decoration TODAY or TOMORROW ?

May all your choises become the best ones you ever made!

Talk 2 U soon !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

klinkt als een heerlijke oud en nieuw! beste wensen!!!!

en ik zou kiezen voor morgen ;-)

D@nielle said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR and that is the best way to spend it with special friends ! It's going to be a great one, I am sure of it !
Leave them as long as you can, keep that warm fuzzy feeling ... I am !

Anonymous said...

Bonnette ook voor jou de allerbeste wensen voor 2007! Dat alles waar je op hoopt ook mag gebeuren.

Hug,
Natasja