Saturday, April 7, 2007

Happy EASTER everybody !!!

Easter stands for our door and I love this time of year. When I was a child I also got a new dress and new shoes for Easter. First time I could wear them was on sundaymorning when we walked to the church, I was so proud of being 'all new' and then in church we listened to the minister who told us about the new start we all could make because Jesus died to take our sins away.
New beginnings that's what Easter means for me.
Also nature is 'beginning' around now with lots of fragile flowers in the trees. I love the magnolia and almond blossomtree in our back yard:

Instead of buying new clothes and shoes for Easter (I kept that tradition for all my life) I treated myself with a new lens for my Canon EOS 400D. Yesterday I bought a 50mm 1.8 lens and boy, I am happy with this one. I immediately started playing around with it and it gives me so much joy to work with!!!

I decorated the house with a (porcelain) chicken and eggs and 50 tulips! The tulips have seen all corners of the room because I 'had to' make pictures with my new lens and wanted light doing it's job to my pictures......... :




And this one is to all of you wishing you







Enjoy the coming days and take care!

2 comments:

D@nielle said...

ooooh you know how to treat yourself to something nice ;) And thanks for treating us to some lovely flowers, hope you have a happy easter !

Birgit said...

Oh, you luckt girl! Lovely pictures you made! Guess you'll be playing a lot with your camera this wekeend!! Happy easter to you too!!